FRONTLINE PLUS for CATS – 12 PACK
What is Frontline Plus for cats?
Frontline Plus cats is a monthly topical flea and tick preventative for dogs and cats. Frontline Plus kills 100% of adult fleas on your pet within 12 hours and 100% of all ticks and chewing lice within 48 hours. Frontline Plus cats contain an insect growth regulator, S-methoprene, which kills flea eggs and larvae. It’s effective against all stages of the brown dog tick, the American dog tick, the lone star tick and the deer tick (the major carrier of Lyme disease).
For: Cats/Kittens and Dogs/Puppies (8 weeks of age and older)
Benefits for frontline plus for cats:
• Kills all existing fleas on your pet within 12 hours
• Each application provides a full month of protection
• Also aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infections
• Great for pets that swim since it’s waterproof
• Kills ticks and chewing lice
Before you spend money on Frontline plus for cats flea treatments, find out if these pests have settled on your cat:
- Watch for any signs of movement in her fur. If you spot tiny bugs bouncing off her coat, it’s time to fight fleas.
- Comb your cat with a fine-toothed metal flea comb from head to tail several times a day. This will skim off adult fleas and their eggs and ease her itching.
- Then, dip the comb in a mixture of water and liquid dish detergent to kill the fleas.
How Frontline works:
Frontline Plus cats contain fipronil, a broad-spectrum insecticide and slow-acting poison that disrupts the central nervous system of fleas and ticks and S-Methoprene, an insect growth regulator that kills flea eggs and larvae. The active ingredients are stored in the sebaceous glands and are wicked out of the hair follicles and continuously re-applied to the coat for long-lasting, waterproof protection.
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application. If signs persist or become more severe within a few days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately.
Frontline Plus (Merial)
How Frontline Plus should be used:
Use Frontline Plus Cats (fipronil 9.8% and S-methoprene 11.8%), available as 0.5 ml applicators, on cats and kittens 8 weeks or older.
Place the applicator tip through the animal’s hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Apply the entire contents of the applicator in a single spot to the animal’s skin. Use only one applicator per treatment.
What are the side effects of Frontline Plus:
Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application. If signs persist or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian immediately.
What special precautions are there for Frontline Plus:
Frontline for cats and kittens is for external use on dogs and puppies, cats and kittens 8 weeks or older. Frontline Plus is approved for use on breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated animals, animals using this product with other pesticides, and debilitated, or aged animals . This product is flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame. This product is harmful to humans if swallowed. Call a physician or poison control center for advice. Have patient sip water do not induce vomiting unless advised to and patient is conscious.
Frontline cats can cause eye injury. Flush eyes with plenty of water. Call a physician if irritation persists. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
In the event of a Frontline Plus overdose: Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.
How should I store Frontline Plus: Store this product at room temperature. Store in the original container only. To dispose wrap original container in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Sharpen your flea and tick killing skills with tips and a slide show demonstration.
You may not have a sword or ninja stars, but you do have a powerful weapon that starts killing after 1 easy application.
To get started, remove the applicator from the package, hold the foil upward, then snap off the tip. You’ll find it’s designed to easily dispense the liquid solution onto the skin between your pet’s shoulder blades. Just view the slide show at the right and read the instructions below—and you’ll be killing in no time.
Follow these instructions.
To apply, simply follow these instructions–and repeat every30 days:
• Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
• Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
• Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your pet’s hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal’s skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
Here are some additional tips for cats flea
• Remove the pet’s collar
• Apply as a spot between your pet’s shoulder blades in 1 area that can’t be licked
• Avoid touching the wet application spot
• Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your pet swim
• Give each of your pets its own complete dose
Pet Weight Dosage
(8 weeks of age or older) Up to 22 lbs Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month (0.67 ml)
23-44 lbs Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month (1.34 ml)
45-88 lbs Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month (2.68 ml)
89-132 lbs Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month (4.02 ml)
(8 weeks of age or older) All weights Apply contents of 1 applicator once a month
Storage: Should be stored at room temperature.
Frontline Plus for Dogs & Puppies 8 weeks or older and up to 22lbs:
Active ingredients (per 0.67 ml applicator) Amount
Frontline Plus for Dogs 23-44 lbs:
Active ingredients (per 1.34 ml applicator) Amount
Frontline Plus for Dogs 45-88 lbs:
Active ingredients (per 2.68 ml applicator) Amount
Frontline Plus for Dogs 89-132 lbs:
Active ingredients (per 4.02 ml applicator) Amount
Frontline Plus for Cats & Kittens 8 weeks or older:
Active ingredients (per 0.50 ml applicator) Amount