What is Frontline Plus FOR SMALL DOGS?
Frontline Plus FOR SMALL DOGS is a monthly topical flea and tick preventative for dogs and cats. Frontline Plus kills 100% of adult fleas on your pet within 12 hours and 100% of all ticks and chewing lice within 48 hours. Frontline Plus contains an insect growth regulator, S-methoprene, which kills flea eggs and larvae. It’s effective against all stages of the brown dog tick, the American dog tick, the lone star tick and the deer tick (the major carrier of Lyme disease).
For: Cats/Kittens and Dogs/Puppies (8 weeks of age and older)
• Kills all existing fleas on your pet within 12 hours
• Each application provides a full month of protection
• Also aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infections
• Great for pets that swim since it’s waterproof
• Kills ticks and chewing lice
How it works:
Frontline Plus FOR SMALL DOGS contains fipronil, a broad-spectrum insecticide and slow-acting poison that disrupts the central nervous system of fleas and ticks and S-Methoprene, an insect growth regulator that kills flea eggs and larvae. The active ingredients are stored in the sebaceous glands and are wicked out of the hair follicles and continuously re-applied to the coat for long-lasting, waterproof protection.
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application. If signs persist or become more severe within a few days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately.
Frontline Plus (Merial)
What is Frontline Plus used for: Frontline Plus provides convenient and effective flea and tick control in dogs and cats, puppies and kittens. It is effective against all stages of the brown dog tick, the American dog tick, lone star tick and deer ticks (the major carrier of Lyme disease). It also kills flea eggs and flea larvae. Frontline Plus rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice. Frontline Plus for Dogs and Puppies also aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infections.
Availability of Frontline Plus: Frontline Plus is a non-prescription (OTC) product.
To apply, simply follow these instructions–and repeat every30 days:
• Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
• Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
• Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your pet’s hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal’s skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
What are the side effects of Frontline Plus: Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application. If signs persist or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian immediately.
What special precautions are there for Frontline Plus: This product is for external use on dogs and puppies, cats and kittens 8 weeks or older. Frontline Plus is approved for use on breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated animals, animals using this product with other pesticides, and debilitated, or aged animals . This product is flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame. This product is harmful to humans if swallowed. Call a physician or poison control center for advice. Have patient sip water do not induce vomiting unless advised to and patient is conscious. This product can cause eye injury. Flush eyes with plenty of water. Call a physician if irritation persists. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
In the event of a Frontline Plus overdose: Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.
How should I store Frontline Plus: Store this product at room temperature. Store in the original container only. To dispose wrap original container in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Here are some additional tips.
• Remove the pet’s collar
• Apply as a spot between your pet’s shoulder blades in 1 area that can’t be licked
• Avoid touching the wet application spot
• Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your pet swim
• Give each of your pets its own complete dose